"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."






Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Recipe - Tartar Sauce like Frischs

I wrote about this sauce in one of my posts last week, so I thought I should pass this recipe on.  It is the recipe I came up with after experimenting a long time.  It doesn't taste exactly like Frischs, but it is a pretty good facsimile.  The sauce can be used on any sandwich.  It's especially good on ham.  It can be used to lightly dress an iceburg lettuce salad.  Try it!

My Tartar Sauce

1/2 cup mayonnaise - any kind, even fat free, will work
2 tbsp. dill pickle relish - NOT sweet pickle relish!
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. freshly grated onion
1/4 tsp. worcestershire sauce - this is the secret ingredient!

Just mix it all together.  Store in a glass jar in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.

1 comment: