"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."






Monday, March 21, 2011

There's no Blue Monday in your Sunday clothes...

For this week's Blue Monday:  This young lady doesn't look as though she could ever be blue!  Wearing that gorgeous chiffon-like dress and pearls - not to mention that spectacular hat!  It looks as though she leads a pretty nice life.  I've always wondered what it was like to live back in the times when one could actually wear a hat like that in everyday life.  It must have been amazing to strut down the street wearing these etherial clothes and accessories.

But then the practical part of me starts to think other things:  wherever did she store that huge hat?  Was there a hat box large enough to contain it? She must have had a closet set aside just for her hats!  The hats that have survived from this era are mostly, alas, in disrepair.  But sometimes you can still find a gown that looks as though it were worn yesterday.  Female fantasies...

8 comments:

  1. Let's just hope it wasn't a windy day! That hat is spectacular.
    I wore hats on Sunday in my younger years - new ones on Easter. My favorite was covered in flowers. As I recall, the ground was still snow covered that year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love it, my favorite is the victorian era, this is such a picture of loveliness, thank you and happy Blue Monday.
    http://bakinnbitsbarbara.blogspot.com/2011/03/linking-up-with-sally-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blue dress and wow on the hat!!! ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet she had a huge blue hatbox! Thanks for sharing your blues.

    Happy Blue Monday, Jeanie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful image!!!
    I think the maid put it away for her!!!!!!!
    I love your fairies too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a stunning photo! I still like to think I am genteel enough to be able to live in the past...but it is not practical. I follow it in my heart and dream of how the days could have been...
    leaving you my calling card on your silver tray...Karla

    ReplyDelete