"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."






Thursday, July 9, 2009

Silent Film Stars

I belong to a Yahoo group called "Addicted to Inchies." The theme of this month's swap is Movie Stars. When everyone has posted their photos, a name will be drawn as the winner and that person will receive ALL of the inchies!

I have always loved silent films. For this swap, I chose some stars who are remembered today; and some whose films are sadly neglected in silent film retrospectives. I intend to post some info for each of these stars when I get the chance.

The ten stars are: Ronald Coleman, Zasu Pitts, John Barrymore, Louise Brooks, Norma Shearer, Charles Farrell, Clara Bow, Greta Garbo, Dolores Costello (my personal favorite) and Gloria Swanson. Some of the careers of these stars ended with the silent era. Other stars were equally popular in silent and sound films. And a some of them even had hit television shows in the 1950's!

No comments:

Post a Comment