"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."






Saturday, July 4, 2009

Artist Trading Cards

A new endeavor. After creating jewelry practically non-stop for the past four years, I was looking for something creative to do that would also expand my horizons. I have never really taken brush to canvas in my life. My art talent as a child was decidedly minimal. I am starting to realize that this does not matter. Expressing yourself is what DOES matter. If others do not understand what you are expressing, you are not alone. And each person can see what they want in another's creation.

I have been making Artist Trading cards for just a few months. I'm still a raw amateur regarding all of the various techniques. But it has been great fun learning.

I want to use this blog to post my work - from the crudest first attempts on. Hopefully, as I said in the opening statement in my jewelry blog, I will grow.

Feel free and encouraged to comment - even if you want to say "what the heck does this mean?" Maybe "I" don't even know! But something prompted me to create it. You do not have to log in to comment. Comments will be moderated and will not be posted until I have reviewed them.

Thanks for reading this. Please wish me luck in this artistic journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment