"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."






Saturday, February 6, 2010

Valentines! Valentines! Valentines!

I went on a Valentine-creating jag last night!  All of these Valentines are covered with transparencies.  I got a beautiful pad of paper as a gift and scanned it to make the transparencies.

The first Valentine is made with a tissue-paper background. This couple is one of my favorite Harrison Fisher drawings.
This couple from the lat 1800's is such a beautiful, earnest looking couple!  When I see old photos like these, I long to know who they were, where they lived, what their lives were like.  This picture also used a tissue paper background.

Now, this picture is a REAL mystery!  Click to make it larger and check out the wedding attire that the happy (?) couple is wearing.  I know it was the mode not to smile when being photographed, but the groom in this photo looks utterly devistated!  But the most interesting thing about the photo is the groom's 'boutinniere.'  I have seen a couple of wedding pictures from this period showing grooms wearing this sort of decoration.  I have no idea what it is!  Does anyone know?  The bride's dress is just lovely!
I call this Valentine "College Sweethearts."  This couple looks young and starry eyed - especially the girl, who looks almost giddy with love!

Ah, Love's Passions!  The image of this lovely couple from over a hundred years ago still can touch our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment