"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."






Sunday, August 23, 2009

Revisiting "The Sisters' Rivalry"


Here's the story I made up for “The Sisters’ Rivalry":


I have named the sisters: Hazel (dark hair on the left) and Gertrude (on the right). Here is the dialogue I imagine:

Hazel: (talking through the side of her mouth as they sit as still as possible for the photo)
Gertrude, that hat of yours is ridiculous. It looks like an explosion in a birdsnest.

Gertrude: Well I never! That stupid thing you’re wearing looks like it’s going to fly right off your head. Where did you get that? At Big Lots?

Hazel: You’re one to talk! I hear you shopped through every Goodwill store in town to find that monstrosity.

Gertrude: Whoever told you that is just jealous.

Hazel: Jealous of what? I have more fashion sense in my little finger than you have in your whole body.

Gertrude: Oh really? Well, I have to admit, your little finger is very nicely dressed but as for the rest of you…

Hazel: Oh shut up. Mom always liked me best.

Gertrude: Did not

Hazel: Did too!

Gertrude: Did not – nana nana boo boo!

(I will mercifully end here before the fur (and feathers) start to fly)

No comments:

Post a Comment