"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."






Sunday, August 9, 2009

"My Country" Inchie Challenge

It was hard to limit myself to ten inchies for this challenge! I had three times as many and I finally narrowed it down to these 10:

1. Cabin in the Smoky Mountains
2. Old Faithful
3. Savannah Square
4. Delta Queen
5. Statue of Liberty
6. "The Wall" - Vietnam Vets memorial
7. Mammoth Cave in Kentucky
8. Grand Canyon
9. Waffle House (they're EVERYWHERE!)
10. Vermont


To create these cards, I started with chipboard and laid down a coat of gesso. Then I added a coat of thinned acrylic paint in a very light blue color. When the cards were dry, I squirted them with 'twinkings,'or 'glimmer,' a combination of water, alcohol ink, and ground mica.

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea for inchies...!!..How will you display them when you get them all.?

    ReplyDelete