The first card is called Bermuda Triangle. I made it for the Inkurable Stampers' Gothic Art Challenge. The theme was Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I stamped the card with a texture rubber stamp and embossed it with Ranger gold embossing powder. Then, I added dabs of watercolor to the background.
The plane is supposed to be bursting through a map of the world. Unfortunately, this effect didn't come out too well. This card is my impression of what it would be like to enter the Bermuda Triangle, and what you would see after you entered.
The next two cards are for a swap which is supposed to represent the season we are currently enjoying. Some of the Australian girls are posting cards with Spring themes!
The first card was created with tissue paper background that was stained with instant tea. The leaves were created by painting the paper with acrylic paint and then cutting them with a die cutter. The word 'Fall' was embossed using Ranger gold embossing powder.
The leaves for this tree were created using this tutorial I linked several days ago. I painted the background with watercolors
This card is for a monthly lottery with the theme Glitz and Glamour. I used acrylic paint to create the background.
This card is one of perhaps many I will make inspired by Matisse's Cut Outs, which is the theme of the Monthly ATC group I belong to. I printed the colors on self-stick labels using a color laser printer. I then cut and adhered the pieces to the card. I believe this is similar to the method Matisse actually used to create his Cut Outs. Watch for more.
My 11-year-old granddaughter, Lily, visited recently and we made this autumn wreath together. Inspiration was from Alisa Burke's wonderful tutorial.
We drew leaves on the pages of a discarded book using a black sharpie. Lily then painted the leaves using watercolor. When the leaves dried, we cut them out and glued them to a round wood form and added the bow.
My Dress Challenge dress for October is all about autumn leaves. The bodice is made from papyrus. The leaves were inspired by this fantastic tutorial posted recently by Ink Stained Roni. What a fabulous blog she has!
I crumpled up brown paper and also white paper. I then painted the paper with acrylic paint, and also used distress ink. After the paint and ink dried, I spread Inksentials Glossy accents over the paper, sprinkled fine glitter over the paper, and then let it dry. Then, I used a die cutter to cut the paper into the leaf shapes. The waist embellishment is made from German scrap.